The Trusts and Statutory Fundraiser is part of the Business Development Team, and leads on the growth of statutory and grant funding to agreed financial targets.
Working closely with the Business Development Director, the post holder contributes to the development and implementation of effective project and fundraising plans to meet the charity’s development objectives.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Research and selection
- Research trusts, lottery bodies, companies, statutory agencies and other sources of funds and create and maintain records of these potential donors.
- Liaise with Childhood First colleagues to identify both revenue and capital activities that can be packaged as projects and obtain information required for funding proposals, ensuring that the relevant core organisational costs are included.
- Match potential donors with projects.
- Establish a framework for evaluating and continually improving the success of trusts and statutory fundraising
- Applications and customer service
- Write and submit effective funding applications.
- Follow up applications and monitor progress.
- Ensure all funders receive the appropriate level of acknowledgement and recognition and feedback on the monitoring of inputs, outputs and outcomes, in line with their specific requirements.
- Develop and maintain good relations with potential and existing donors.
- Ensure that all funders receive timely and relevant correspondence and updates about the work of the charity.
- Ensure outstanding customer service and record-keeping for all trusts and statutory accounts.
- Liaise with Childhood First colleagues to monitor development progress on funded projects.
- Strategy and planning
- Support the Business Development Director in the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy, identifying the contributions of trusts and statutory fundraising towards the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Monitor developments in the trusts and statutory fundraising sectors.
- Research and network with appropriate organisations to fulfil fundraising objectives.
- Propose strategies, plans and budgets for maximising trusts and statutory income.
- Support the Business Development Director and the Business Development Team in the production of fundraising literature, reports, case studies and internal communications.
- Ensure that necessary information for trusts and statutory fundraising is suitably presented on the website.
- Support other income streams’ fundraising and promotional events, as requested.
- Administration, records and cost control
- Effectively create and maintain up-to-date trusts and statutory fundraising records.
- Provide regular trusts and statutory fundraising reports, as required.
- Ensure and report cost effective use of all resources.
- Provide monthly status updates on trusts and statutory income to the Business Development Director, to inform ongoing fundraising planning and continual evaluation and improvement.
- Undertake additional tasks as required by the Business Development Director.
- Work closely and cooperatively with staff across Childhood First, in accordance with the charity’s values.
- Charitable Trusts