Trusts and Grants Officer - Aldershot
£25,694 per annum for working 40 hours a week (but will consider part time applicants), 9am - 5pm, based at 36 Crimea Road, Aldershot, Hampshire GU11 1UD
About the Role
Step by Step (SbS) Support young people who are going through hard times.
We currently work with over 5,300 young people aged 11 – 25 every year and have an excellent reputation amongst our funders and within the sector.
We need a resourceful and ambitious Trusts & Grants Officer to join our award winning and rapidly growing young person’s charity, Step by Step.
We passionately believe in supporting young people who are going through hard times, including homelessness. Our unique step by step approach, providing accommodation, personal development opportunities, and specialist support services, enables young people to identify and fulfil their aspirations.
As part of the fundraising team you will lead on all aspects of our trusts and grants fundraising and be responsible for securing income to support young people facing hard times including homelessness.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, you will be responsible for investigating, researching and making approaches for new funding as well as maintaining and developing existing relationships to ensure future support.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of raising income from trusts and foundations together with excellent research, communication and relationship development skills.
- To identify and research fundraising opportunities
- To help build relationships with prospects that offer new funding opportunities for the charity
- To monitor developments in Trust and Grant fundraising
- To assume responsibility for all current and potential trust donors
- To develop, prepare and submit funding applications to trusts as part of the overall Fundraising Team strategy
- To have experience of Trust fundraising.
- To have a successful track record in raising significant levels of income from a range of trusts, foundations and grant giving bodies.
- To have experience of putting together successful funding applications.
- To have experience of negotiating with colleagues and external contacts.
- To be willing to travel.
- To have a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of SbS.
For every young person facing adversity, including homelessness, to realise their aspirations and reach their full potential.
Empowering young people and preventing homelessness.
Excellence in all we do.
Teamwork through successful collaborations and partnerships.
Honesty and openness.
Ownership of our work, words, and actions.
Strength by building courage and resilience.
The successful applicant should ideally be a car owner and should be prepared to undertake regular travel across the region which includes Hampshire, Surrey, West Berkshire, Dorset and surrounding counties to fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful applicant will need to undertake a DBS Criminal Records Check.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Step by Step Partnership Ltd is committed to working towards equal opportunities and we select staff solely on merit irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status and pregnancy or maternity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"