AJ Chambers are currently working with an award-winning top 40 firm who are looking for a Trust & Tax Senior for their Milton Keynes office. The firm is looking for an ambitious individual who possesses two or more years private client tax experience.
As a Trust & Tax Senior, you will be reporting directly to the Trust and Tax Managers dealing with all types of private client work including compliance and advisory matters.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for a mixed portfolio of personal tax clients (including HNWIs, sole-traders and partnerships)
- Preparation of trust and/or estate tax returns
- Preparation of self-assessment returns and repayment claims
- Obtaining and managing the collation of client’s tax data for tax returns, either direct from clients or via third parties
- Handling routine client administration including (but not limited to) client account transactions, cash flow management, trust distributions, investment transactions, preparation of correspondence, billing and file administration and maintenance of the HMRC trust register
- Preparing and updating annual trust accounts, writing explanatory covering letters and arranging trustee meetings
- Preparing and updating estate accounts for existing and new estate clients, corresponding with the Personal Representatives or solicitors to obtain information
- Assisting with advisory matters and correspondence and ad-hoc assignments in connection with the client’s affairs - incorporating inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax
- Liaising with the practice partners directly, as the case suits
- Ideally ATT qualified or working towards an accountancy qualification
- 2-3 years private client tax experience
- Experience in estate accounts, trust accounts, estate & trust tax returns
- Must be technically competent in dealing with all aspects of income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally some experience of preparing returns for non-UK domiciles and ad hoc personal tax assignments
For more information on this Trust & Tax Senior role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.
- Private Client Tax
- Trusts & Estates Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job