This post will head up a small, newly formed team that liaises with divisions, directorates, and functions across the four entities to identify potential funding requirements and feed these into the charity's business plan.
We are working with a newly formed charity who raise money to support both direct and indirect stakeholders across this local well established Trust. We are going through a period of development to become more proactive in identifying and funding much more work across our region, and to raise more money to support this.
- This post will be responsible for managing and developing the newly created programme team in the charity.
- This post will have full line management responsibilities for at least one member of staff.
- This post will be part of the senior management team of the charity, responsible with the CEO for making the key decision and plans on running the charity.
- Responsible for liaising across the divisions, directorates and functions at all levels identify potential charitable funding opportunities. This will be for short, medium, and longer term spending plans and at all different levels of planned spend and need.
- Working with the CEO and the managers in the fundraising and finance teams this post will be responsible for building these funding needs into the charity's annual and longer term business plans.
Development of the programme function within the charity
- Working with the finance team to ensure a defined and easy to access system for applications at the different levels, including further developing the current guidelines for charitable funding
- Provide advice and assistance to function staff with their applications for charitable funding
- Once funding has been approved, managing this process by linking into the fundraising team or identifying existing funds; then ensuring the funds are actually spent and the project/piece of equipment delivered, and ensuring appropriate impact reporting.
- Working with the charity's Head of Strategic Finance on the review of the existing charitable funds.
- Although not responsible for directly managing a budget this post will play a key role in defining and managing the majority of the charity's expenditure on charitable activities.
- Experience of working within the programme side of an established charity.
- Proven track record of managing trust funds and identifying / prioritising potential projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- The ability to liaise and influence effectively but sensitively with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal reasoning.
- A self-starter, happy to work on own initiative and contribute to the wider team
- A good team manager
- A proactive and can-do approach to your work.
- Strives to improve what on we do through change and innovation.
- Encouraging a spirit of support, integrity, respect, and teamwork.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Positive attitude to all tasks and stakeholders.
£45,000 + additional benefits.