The department deals with a variety of trust work including preparing trust and estate accounts, trust and estate tax returns and reporting Inheritance Tax events. They also provide a full tax review service for trusts and estates.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Looking after the day to day running of a portfolio of clients
• Preparing trust accounts for review by senior personnel for all kinds of trust and estates
• Preparing complicated tax returns for review by senior personnel
• Initially reviewing work produced by more junior personnel
• Preparing complicated capital gains tax computations and income tax computations, in respect of compliance and future tax planning
• Calculating future income distributions
• Completing Charity Annual Returns
• Communicating and liaising with clients
• Communicating and corresponding with HMRC
• Departmental administrative duties
• Other ad hoc duties in line with the role
To successfully secure this role, you should demonstrate the following qualities:
• Excellent attention to detail with a proactive attitude
• The ability to work successfully in a team and under pressure where necessary
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
Ideally you will possess strong experience in trust work and the areas listed above. Experience of Troika and Digita software, or other specialist tax and trust software, would be an advantage but training will be provided where necessary.
It is not essential for the successful candidate to be ACCA, CTA or STEP qualified, although this would be advantageous if already attained.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business