TRUST & ASSET MANAGER
My client is now looking for a Trust Manager to join their substantial office. You will be reporting to the Head of Team or Division, and liaising with partners, fee earners and support staff at al levels throughout the practice but the closest involvement will be with the private client department particularly partners and other fee earners. Externally with clients, other solicitors and other third parties.
The trust and asset management Group is part of the practice’s Private Client Division which provides wealth management and tax and estate planning (including creation of trusts), probate, wills and general affairs on behalf of private individuals.
The work is divided between 3 teams:-
- Advisory Group - comprising partners and solicitors who are responsible for client relationships, advice and services in relation tax and estate planning, trust advice, drafting Wills, EPAs, Trusts and associated documentation
- Estates - administration of deceased persons’ estates
- Trust and Asset Management - the management of trusts, including associated tax
- Administration of trusts on a daily basis, including trust terminations
- Reporting to designated partners and trustee
- Client contact (shared with trust partner)
- Communication with third parties (e.g. stockbrokers)
- Monitoring trust events (e.g. coming of age of beneficiary) and ensuring correct follow-up
- Preparation or checking of Trust Accounts, using CCH Trust Accounts
- Preparation of trust tax return and associated tasks, using CCH Central
- Various aspects of trust tax compliance
- Undertaking annual or more frequent tasks according to a predetermined calendar
- Maintenance and use of effective diary reminder system
- Preparing documentation for client meetings as required
- Responsibility for training junior members when required
- Complying with risk management procedures and practices
- Complying regulatory (including professional) compliance procedures
HOURS OF WORK
The core hours will be 0900 to 1715 hours Monday to Friday inclusive. Additional hours outside these may be expected depending on the demands of the business.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Annual basic salary is in the region of 40- 50K There will be 25 days holiday per annum. Other benefits will be available after a suitable qualifying period; a contributory pension scheme; private medical insurance; Income Protection and free life assurance cover.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job