An exciting opportunity has arisen in Central London for a qualified accountant who is looking to study for their CTA and has experience in Trust Tax. A long-established, leading independent firm is looking to appoint a Trust and Personal Tax Manager. Although not a practice role, it has many of the characteristics of working in an accountancy firm. An excellent remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate.
You will be working for a leading independent firm in Central London, looking after the affairs of 80-90 individuals as well as 40-50 settlements. The work will largely be compliance based, but there is also an advisory component and all the work will be within UK Tax. You will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of client contact and autonomy, meaning high personal motivation and excellent personal skills are essential.
Compliance responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of annual tax returns for 80-90 clients
- Preparation of annual tax returns for 40-50 Family Trusts
- Preparation of IHT returns, including periodic charges
- Review of tax provisioning for individuals and trusts
- Advising upon taxation issues in trust accounts
- Handling HMRC correspondence generally
- Investment income, employment income, property income, farming income
Advisory responsibilities will include;
- Planning for tax-efficient realisation of investments by individuals and trusts
- Planning in respect of trust distributions
- Planning around efficient use of exemptions and reliefs
- General planning around inter-generational wealth transfers
- Preparation of corporation tax returns for four investment companies
- Maintenance of payrolls for two employees
- Preparation of forms P11D for some 8-10 employees
- Assisting at shareholder and other corporate events
- Extensive experience of UK Personal and Trust Taxation
- ACA/ACCA qualified and looking to study CTA or CTA/STEP qualified
- Self-starter, able to work largely unsupervised with a high degree of autonomy
- Able to integrate well into a small team with a flat structure
- Comfortable with a high degree of client contact in meetings, by telephone and by letter
- Well-presented, able to command respect of a very traditional client base
- Strong communication skills
For further information on this Trust and Personal Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.
- Personal Tax
- Trust Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'