Troubled Families Reviewing Officer
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Troubled Families Reviewing Officer to support families and vulnerable children in York.
The role would be great for someone who has good knowledge and understanding of the Troubled Families agenda and who has strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to empathise and work in a sensitive manner with both professionals and families.
You will have:
- Experience of working with practitioners within the children and young people’s workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to respond in a variety of different situations and deliver information effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to empathise and work in a sensitive manner with people who may be under stress.
- An awareness of the personal and social circumstances that lead children, young people and families to seek, or otherwise become recipients of early help.
- Understanding of child protection and safeguarding policy, including an understanding of good quality early help assessments and integrated working.
- Good IT skills in order to make use of standard office packages and use databases (e.g. case management systems) to record and retrieve information.
- A basic awareness of the social policy agenda and current national and local issues in relation to early intervention with children and families across the 0-19 years age range (up to 25 years old for disabled young people).
- Commitment to championing the voice of children, young people and families.
- Experience of using MOSAIC, the Children’s Services Case Management System would be very beneficial.
Please apply with a full CV, including contact details of two referees (at least one of whom must be your last/current employer) or complete our application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. Ideally, you should therefore have a current valid DBS registered with the Update Service; otherwise, we will require successful applicants to undertake an online Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Young People