Together we are looking for a talented Tribologist to join the business & assist in developing the companies patented hot aluminium forming process. You will play an important part in scaling up core technologies for high volume manufacture as well as developing new techniques and tools to further improve the process. You will work alongside colleagues, customers, OEMs and project partners to develop and document core know-how, strengthen the quality systems and deploy onto customer production lines.
Reporting to the Senior Tribologist you will mainly be laboratory based and will develop and maintain the company’s scalable Tribology strategy.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help to deliver the company’s work plan to provide short-term, medium term and long-term lubrication and tool life strategies
• Design and undertake testing programmes to develop new processes
• Create datasets to show the key dependencies and performance requirements of new and existing lubrication processes
• Characterise mechanisms of lubrication, anti-galling and die wear
• Work with the simulation team to develop models for friction and die wear.
• Assist with applications for funding grants and/or contributions from industrial partners
• Experience as a Tribology Engineer or Metalworking Lubricant Engineer/Chemist.
• Experience of Metal Forming applications and/or tooling
• Previous involvement in scale-up for manufacture
• Experience in taking new technology from laboratory into production
• HNC/HND with substantial industry experience, through to PhD in engineering or chemical discipline
• Knowledge of aluminium surface metallurgy