Role Title: TREE SURGEON
Reporting to: Supervisor
Location: Thorn Turn Depot
Role Purpose: Working as Tree Surgeon to lead a gang to deliver arboricultural services to the Central Bedfordshire Contract but also be integral to winter maintenance delivery, incident and emergency response and general maintenance duties.
• Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team.
• Takes personal responsibility for work produced, makes decisions that are appropriate to the role, and provide recommendations when escalating decisions upwards
• Carry out basic safety, quality and environmental audits and risk assessment
• Drive/operate vehicles or plant requiring both general and specialist skills.
• Take responsibility for traffic management.
• Keep records and complete necessary paperwork.
• Out of hours emergency call out and standby.
• Delivery of Winter Service, including out of hours.
• Maintain high technical standards.
• Provide instruction and mentor apprentices and trainees
• Understand customers’ needs and takes ownership for the outcome
• Carry out any other reasonable duties that may be directed or implied from time to time commensurate to the post and/or organisational requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
• CS 30 : Maintenance of chainsaws
• CS 31 : Felling of trees up to 15 inch diameter & cross cutting, stacking of timber.
• CS 38 : Climb trees & perform Ariel rescue.
• CS 39 : Operate a chainsaw from a rope & harness.
• CS 32 : Safe felling of trees in excess of 15 inches.
• CS 40 : Carry out pruning, tree reductions, & thinning of the crown.
• CS 41 : Sectional felling techniques using lowering equipment.
• CS 48 : Operating a powered extendable pole pruner.
• Manually-fed Chipper
• MEWP Trained
• Full UK driving licence
• HGV 2 preferred, or the aptitude to achieve this for Winter Maintenance would be an advantage
• More than 2 years’ experience
• Self-motivated and reliable.
• Team player.
• Problem solving skills.
• Pro-active in terms of delivering solutions.
• Good communication skills.
Completed documents are to be sent to HR for upload to IMS Intranet
Completed documents are to be read in conjunction with the organisation structure chart
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business