At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the Opportunity?
As the Treasury Team Manager you will be based within the Financial Management Centre which operates all financial transactions and processes.
The Treasury and Asset Management Team encompasses cashbook reconciliation and control, cash allocation, fixed asset management & reporting, capitalising, WIP reconciliation, estate management, reporting and balance sheet compliance.
The treasury & Asset team are responsible for the following;
- Fixed Assets, including maintenance of ledgers, asset management, capitalisation, WIP reconciliation and asset verification. There is a business requirement to review and re-develop processes for asset management reporting and control.
- Treasury and cash management. Encompassing multiple cash book maintenance over multiple currencies for circa £500m turnover businesses. Cash allocation and cash management.
- Estate management. Responsibility for rates and utilities on company properties and rental properties, ensuring ledger control in payment and compliance.
- Dealing directly with internal and external auditors with regard to management and maintenance of processes and reconciliation.
- Supporting the wider finance team in weekly and monthly accounts preparation. There is great potential to widen the scope and volume of the work in this area with a remit given for process review standardisation & centralisation.
- Creation & Development of relevant reporting information for both finance & operational areas of the business.
- Working with the wider finance community to develop, enhance and streamline processes and workflows.
- Reporting of FX impact and managing of cash flows for foreign currency accounts.
- Compliance re latest accounting standards.
- Process review and adoption of payroll accounting.
- Housekeeping and control of balance sheet ledgers.
- Overall control and responsibility for process control, compliance and reconciliation for all areas of the treasury and asset management department.
- Leadership and development of a team of two
- Provide timely and relevant reporting for senior finance and operational managers within the business.
- Continually enhance and improve processes and functionality within the department
- A liaison between the Head Office and Business Finance Teams
- Through use of IT & systems continually enhance the management reporting of the department.
- Be a mentor to staff wishing to develop their career and studies.
- Actively seek and promote the centralisation of activities within the department.
- Liaise with the different departments within the Financial Management Centre to ensure that maximum efficiency, department and staff development is gained.
- Liaise and manage internal and external auditors and external statutory bodies as and when required.
What will you need to succeed?
- Financial reporting experience
- Management accounting
- 4 years+ PQE in financial management
- Intuitive Reconciliation skills
- Ability to mentor and develop staff
- Excellent PC & systems skills
- Systems / analytical thinking
- Strong communication skills
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, pension, healthcare, 25 days annual leave and an industry leading bonus scheme.
Gist is an award-winning supply chain specialist that combines an integrated network of people, experience and expertise to transform supply chains. With industry-specific understanding and excellence, Gist's solutions bring end-to-end visibility and implementation, from concept to delivery.
Operating in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors, including grocery, food service and gas, Gist works in partnership with customers such as Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'