£51,034 to £63,792 + 10% Completion Bonus & Benefits
Based City of London (EC4M 8BU)
10 Month Fixed Term Contract
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a part of a team of technical experts. This position will support the Deputy Group Treasurer ("DGT") in liquidity, risk management and reporting. Phoenix Group is the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of 'Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we have £1.7 billion of shareholder debt, 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, attentive, dependable individual to gain experience in an award-winning treasury team within one of the UK’s Top 100 employers. Reporting to the Deputy Group Treasurer, your primary responsibilities will be the delivery of best practice in the management of the Group’s shareholder fund liquidity and the requirements of Group risk policies, in particular the Liquidity and Funding Policy.
To achieve these goals, you will be abreast of money market developments, including investment opportunities and products as well as settlement issues and processes, so able to recommend improvements in line with best practice. Your market knowledge will enable you to support the development of an investment strategy in line with market and regulatory developments, and changes to the business requirements
You will also be responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate management information on treasury activities for regulators, rating agencies, Boards and Committees including the Contingency Funding Plan Committee. In addition, there will be a focus on the specific responsibilities of the role which include:
- Execution of the investment strategy for the group’s liquidity portfolio
- Implementation of the Risk Management Framework within Treasury operations to include:
- maintaining and where required, monitoring compliance with operational controls and recommend improvements
- production of regular risk reporting ensuring compliance with governance procedures.
- The management of the counterparty risk of the liquidity portfolio, including the monitoring of credit ratings and development of counterparty risk mitigation strategies
- Undertaking analyses involving market data and peer group data in support of funding and investment strategy development.
The ideal candidate will be flexible with a "can do attitude", you will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and good attention to detail. Relevant experience in treasury management and knowledge of credit risk and market risk, as well as experience of money markets and derivatives will be expected.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 12th February 2018