A large Insurance business are now looking for a Treasury manager in Risk and Liquidity on a Fixed term contract for approximately a year. Ideally the candidate will be AMCT qualified or at least have passed the certificate in cash management. Being available either immediately or on a short notice period would be beneficial.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Keep abreast of money market developments, including:
- investment opportunities, products and regulatory developments.
- settlement issues, processes and recommend improvements in line with best practice.
- Thereby support the development of an investment strategy in line with market and regulator developments and changes to the business requirements.
- Execution of the investment strategy form the group's liquidity portfolio.
- Advise on controls and settlement processes and required to ensure best practice in cash management operations.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the group's short-term liquidity requirements and be able to advise on availability required to avoid potential issues arising.
- Advise on best practice in liquidity management and optimise the use of liquidity of the group.
- Implementation of the RMF within Treasury operations to include:
- maintaining and where required, monitoring compliance with operational controls and recommend improvements.
- production of regular risk reporting ensuring compliance with governance procedures.
- Preparation of papers for the Contingency Funding Plan Committee.
- The management of the counterparty risk of the liquidity portfolio, including the monitoring of credit ratings and development of counterparty risk mitigation strategies.
- Preparation of reports and presentations.
- Undertaking analyses involving market data and peer group analyses in support of funding and investment strategy development.
- Production of management reports in respect of treasury activities and the monitoring of relevant balance sheet ratios and other relevant metrics