Our client is the UK’s leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across England, Scotland and Wales. The group's other activities include rail terminal operations, ship's agency, dredging, and marine consultancy. Due to expansion of the Finance and Treasury team an exciting opportunity has arisen for a post qualified Finance candidate to join the senior finance team reporting to the Group Financial Controller. This is a unique opportunity to combine Management reporting, Consolidations and Treaury all in one role offering variety, growth and challenge.
The Responsibilities include:
- Liaising with Group Treasurer and Treasury Analyst to ensure the accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions (investments, debt, swaps and FX)
- Production of monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounting returns for the Financing Companies managed from Head Office
- Act as cover for treasury analyst for dealing activities.
- Managing the accounting transition for the Financing Companies from SUN to SAP
- Calculation and posting of monthly balance sheet consolidation adjustments at all consolidation levels.
- Monthly accounting tasks for the Head Office finance team
- Review of intercompany balances to ensure there are no imbalances.
- Calculation and posting of the fair value consolidation adjustments for PPE.
- Liaison with Tax Manager to obtain and subsequent posting of monthly tax charges.
- Monthly production of the sections of the Board Report relating to Balance Sheet, Cashflow and Capital Expenditure in line with the agreed timetable.
- Production of commentary on the variances to budget and, when applicable forecast, for the Balance Sheet, Cashflow and Capital Expenditure.
- Maintenance of capital expenditure submission templates for month end reporting and budgeting process.
- Calculation, review and posting of-half year and year-end intercompany eliminations at all consolidation levels.
- Preparation and posting of half-year and year-end tax journals.
- Involvement in half-year and year-end statutory reporting processes, particularly relating to Treasury related matters.
- Ad hoc tasks and queries from regional and head office managers
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified accountant with 1-2 years+ PQE
- Skilled user of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Able to demonstrate experience of the preparation of management reports to provide useful management information and commentary.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to solve problems with pragmatic solutions.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of simple derivative financial instruments and accounting for them.
- Able to demonstrate experience of the review and analysis of complex balance sheets and cash flow statements and an understanding of the drivers of the variances.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of capital expenditure reporting and the key drivers of the variances.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of consolidation adjustments, how they arise and what their impact is.
- Management Reporting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'