Financeplus is WPP’s internal Financial Shared Service organisation, providing transactional back-office financial services to WPP companies. Financeplus supports a range of processes including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Media Billing & Payments
- Accounting and Reporting
- Statutory reporting
By consolidating activities under one roof, Financeplus takes advantage of volume to deliver increased efficiency. This is achieved by standardising, streamlining and aligning relevant processes, and introducing tools & technology to drive effectiveness across our operations. By taking over transactional financial activities, Financeplus allows our agencies to focus on commercial activities, client management and revenue / cost management.
Financeplus UK was the first Financeplus, opening in 2011. There are now have offices in Australia, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Spain, the UK and the USA, and have recently started in Venezuela.
Financeplus has a clearly defined migration methodology that we will use for all future deployments. This will ensure a smoother transfer of activities with full clarity and proper preparation.
- Download UK transactions from the Banking Platform
- Working closely with credit control to inform them of all incoming receipts, any unposted items and any issues
- Working closely with Agencies for any unposted items and any issues
- Responsibility for posting cash receipts on ERP with the AR team (Maconomy/DDS)
- Daily/Monthly Bank reconciliations
- Liaising with the agencies, internal teams (AP/AR/Intercompany and Management Accountants) and banks when required
- Liase with teams about postings of journals/clear queries on returned payments and unreconciling items within appropriate time lines
- Monitor treasury mail box/Finastra (payments portal) and respond on timely manner
- Cover team members while on holiday.
Qualifications & Education:
Basic knowledge of Reconciliation and understanding of English for communication and interpretation
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Can work independently as well as be a team player and flexible in approach to work
- Competent in MS Office software, in particular Excel
Banking and treasury experience would be advantageous