A rapidly growing insurance underwriter in the heart of the City are looking for a Treasury Assistant to join their finance team. This newly created role is an ideal opportunity for a finance professional to take the next step in their career.
The role will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller and Finance Director to ensure the treasury operations run smoothly. An important function of this role will also require someone with strong credit control skills.
Applicants must have some experience of working within an insurance or reinsurance company for this role. This could have been gained within a broker, MGA, underwriter, reinsurer P&I club, or the insurance division of an accounting practice.
Duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for the treasury operations, paying close attention to disbursements, foreign currency sales and debt recovery;
- Cash-flow reporting, including the actual against plan reporting;
- Both premium and claims credit control, ensuring all payments are reconciled and late payments are chased;
- Monitoring credit risk exposure by reviewing balance sheet debts, and advise on changes in counterparty risks; and
- Ad hoc duties when required.
The organisation has a great track record of developing their staff and this is an ideal time to join their dynamic and growing Finance Team. This opportunity will also provide excellent scope for professional development, including the opportunity to study towards your ACT.