Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non-tobacco brands.
Headquartered in Bristol with an international workforce of around 34,000 people, Imperial Brands' core business is built around tobacco portfolio which includes the Davidoff, Gauloises Blondes, JPS and West brands.
With a presence across the EU and in Africa, Asia and the Americas, we offer opportunities to set the strategic direction across multiple markets.
As Treasury Analyst you will settle and confirm all Treasury transactions and take full ownership of Treasury's management reporting, producing a range of internal reports to a high standard in a timely fashion.
The role holder will also co-ordinate system administration requirements for the department's electronic systems, challenge and propose improvements to existing working practices in the department, and support the wider Treasury team with ad hoc projects, absorbing workload and responsibilities across the department as necessary.
- Take ownership for the daily Treasury confirmations and settlements process, ensuring these are managed within counterparty limits and agreed timescales. Act as the primary contact for settlement issues and take responsibility for tracking and resolving these in a timely fashion
- Co-ordinate and manage the production of all standard Treasury reports (including reports for the Treasury Committee) in a timely manner to demanding deadlines. Ensuring the suite of reports is continuously refined and challenged and stakeholders have been engaged with to understand their requirements
- Co-ordinate and monitor system administration requests for the treasury management system (TMS), the electronic banking, trading, confirmation and trade repository systems and training new uses where required
- Develop and optimise the capabilities of the Treasury electronic systems in support of operating efficiencies and improvements
- Manage and co-ordinate the Treasury contingency process for daily transactions, confirmations and settlements, ensuring tests are co-ordinated in line with the Treasury Framework and a robust procedure in place
- Engage with global subsidiaries and the Front Office team to manage and perform the intercompany netting process in an efficient and effective manner. Leading its enhancement and development
- Actively monitor, calculate, challenge and co-ordinate the payment of all key fee arrangements and collateral to agreed timescales
- Support the team with the issuance and update of documentation necessary for Treasury to enter into transactions with counterparties
- Supporting the wider Treasury team with ad hoc projects, absorbing workload and responsibilities across the department as necessary.
Skills & experience:
- Strong numeracy skills
- Highly analytical with the ability to interpret data and information summarised highlighting key variables
- Appetite to challenge and negotiate
- Ability to engage with counterparties and manage relationships effectively
- Proactive outlook and approach
- Team player, but with ability to act on own initiative when appropriate
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, with a good knowledge of other MS Office products
- High attention to detail with ability to work accurately when under pressure and be able to manage tight deadlines
- Ability to work and communicate with employees at all levels of the organisation
- The ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken
- Qualified accountant or relevant treasury qualification
- Treasury experience preferred although not essential
What we offer:
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
- Treasury Middle Officer Accountant