The role will be directly responsible for the execution of daily cash management, payment platforms, currency risk, investment management, and international liquidity issues.
- Daily management of the European and US cash pools
- Monitoring of other cash balances in the Group and recommending investment options
- Reports regularly on investments, cash issues and more
- Manage and execute monthly intercompany netting process
- Regular contact with the business to manage other FX exposures in the group
- Manage the Treasury month end closing process
- Liaison with Accounting colleagues for any Treasury related queries
- Administration of the group payment platform
Support the Treasury team in:
- Developing optimal infrastructure in terms of processes, systems and people.
- Analyse and optimise financial requirements for short term and long term in view of strategic and financial plans
- Ensure cash flow monitoring: Identifies and monitors balance and budget cash flow data by keeping steady contacts with the regional financial teams
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with the local, regional and global finance community.
- Assistance with treasury projects that may arise throughout the term (including existing SAP Treasury implementation)
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrable experience in Corporate Treasury (min 3 years), ideally in a multinational publicly listed organisation, medium to large size (ca €1Bn in revenues)
- Ideally has demonstrable SAP Treasury module experience (Cash Management, In House Cash, Transaction Management and Bank Communication Management)
- Has experience in Treasury operations to include Cash Management, Debt Management, Investment Management, Working Capital and Liquidity Management and Financial Risk Management
- Experience in a multinational, multicurrency global environment
- Has worked in a professional team environment
- Post academic Corporate Finance and Treasury courses (qualified AMCT) will be preferential
- Fluent in English, second language a plus
Critical Competencies for Success
Plays a key role in a department as key member of the team by:
- Seeks and embraces opportunities to learn.
- Comfortable with change, challenging the status quo
- Self-starter: takes initiative and is able to execute without "handholding" by the Assistant Treasurer.
- Further developing processes, systems and analysis to deliver speedy, high quality management information to enable faster, smarter decision making.
- Demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and analytical/problem solving capabilities. Can translate ideas and concepts into concrete proposals and financing structures.
Communication and influencing
Engages and influences key stakeholders to deliver group's objectives by:
- Taking a pro-active approach to relationship management both internally and externally (banks, etc.).
- Winning the respect of the stakeholders through effective, concise communication and deploying a robust and mature approach.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Must have the intellect and professional presence to establish credibility.
- Passion, drive and strong project management skills.
- Detail orientation to drive the regular requirements of the role.
- Highly numerate, strong technical competence, combined with sound commercial judgement.
- Strong customer service orientation and negotiating skills.