The Treasury Accountant will be responsible for working with the Head of Treasury to manage liquidity, reporting requirements and covenant compliance whilst providing accurate and timely financial information.
Michael Page Treasury are recruiting for a Treasury Accountant to join a leading Housing Association based in Portsmouth.
Further responsibilities of the Treasury Accountant include:
Internal Planning and Reporting:
- Work with the Business Planning Analyst, to ensure that timely updates are given on all Treasury aspects and these are accurately reflected in the plan
- Assist the Head of Treasury to produce and present regular reports to the Board and Treasury committee to enable effective oversight of our treasury activities
- Have a thorough understanding of our treasury management policy and Golden Rules. Maintain detailed procedures for all treasury work.
Cash and Liquidity Management:
- Maintain a three-year cash flow forecast that monitors our liquidity and compliance with Golden Rules.
- Arrange loan drawdowns and rollovers in accordance with our treasury management policy.
Funding and Investor Relations:
- Understand the key terms of all our loan agreements and be able to monitor compliance and offer advice/guidance where necessary. Work with our treasury advisors and solicitors when you need to
- Provide a responsive service to all our funders making sure they receive all the information they need and all regular returns are provided in a timely manner
- Assist the Head of Treasury in ensuring reports to the regulator are submitted with 100% accuracy
- Prepare accurate and timely forecasts and budgets for finance costs and loan balances considering both UK GAAP and FRS 102 implications, reporting on variances
- Ensure the ongoing correct accounting for financial instruments; staying current with latest legislation
- Oversee the monthly accounting for all treasury transactions
To be considered for the Treasury Accountant position you require:
- Fully/part qualified or working towards (AAT/CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development in relation to leadership and management skills and improving outcomes for customers
- Knowledge of current Accounting Standards
- Experience of working within a Treasury Function and interpreting loan documents
- Experience of report writing and Analysis
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations, compiling budgets and forecasting
- Current SORP
The package on offer is circa £45,000 plus benefits.