You must be a qualified accountant with a desire to work in a treasury function to successfully apply for this role.
Our client, a major Financial Services group, are currently recruiting a Treasury Accountant to join their London based team. The overall purpose of the role will be to provide strong control of the Group's cash and deposits,
This will be an end to end treasury role, and the incumbent will be expected to get involved in front, middle, and back office duties, while building effective working relationships with stakeholders in each of these areas. You will be heavily involved in providing insight on investment capabilities through accurate creation of treasury investment reports / strategies, frequent cash forecasting, and analysis of dollar revenue. There will be adhoc project work, focusing mainly around the integration of new cryptocurrencies.
Key duties will include:
- Recommending investments based on cash requirements by entity, rates and diversification of portfolio to senior management for approval, and placing funds with counterparties.
- Preparing and posting all accounting entries related to investments.
- Calculating interest from investments, reconciling funds received against expected balances.
- Preparing and posting revaluation journals for Treasury assets.
- Reconciling bank accounts on a timely basis.
- Preparing management reporting information on a monthly and adhoc basis.
- Compiling Treasury Oversight Committee papers including stress testing analysis, foreign exchange exposure positions and investment proposals.
- Managing the client's foreign exchange exposures including placing FX orders for spot and forward dates.
- Maintaining hedge accounting documentation requirements, ensuring it is compliant with IAS39/IFRS9.
- Preparation of papers for the Boards and sub committees.
- Assisting with oversight of the Accounts Payable function.
Cash & Capital management
- Ensuring funding is in place in each entity to meet liquidity requirements.
- Reconciling bank accounts on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Preparing monthly cashflow forecasts by legal entity, using information gathered from the wider finance team and business as required.
- Ensure cash flow forecasts are in line with the business planning team and understand any discrepancies, using this to determine investment plans and capital structure.
- Monitoring and managing funds within group Treasury Investment Policy limits.
Regulatory and counterparty reporting
- Preparing regulatory reports for the Fed and other US government agencies as required including BQ2 reporting.
- Providing information to Treasury counterparties related to FATCA and KYC requests as required.
- Managing the account opening processes with counterparties and building the accounts intothe client's internal controls and check.
- Monitor developments with ESMA and Dodd-Frank. Act on group derivatives trading.
- Ensure all legal documentation is kept up to date for group derivative counterparties.
- Foreign Exchange
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Project Work