About the company:
Our client is specialised challenger bank focused on international payments and cash management services. They received authorisation from the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) (FRN 716167) in September 2016.
Working closely with the CFO of the business, the Treasurer will be responsible for the following;
Functional management of the Banks Treasury, Liquidity and Balance Sheet risks, this will include
- Define, implement and monitor the liquidity position of the Bank and its Forex Risk, including day-to-day compliance with Bank’s internal Policies and Guidelines, Regulatory requirements, payment systems and intraday liquidity requirements
- Maintain Treasury Operations Handbook incorporating the above.
- Assessing, monitoring, planning and managing efficient utilisation of cash and balance sheet in a consistent manner
- Oversee and review daily funding requirements, including presentation of these to the ALCO
- Implementing and enhancing funding and liquidity strategy
- Take ownership of ILAAP and other liquidity regulatory reporting requirements
- Optimise the balance sheet, as well as capital, liquidity and funding resources.
- Take a lead role in defining, implementing and monitoring hedging strategies for both Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate positions to minimize and/or eliminate risk
- Oversee the Bank’s foreign exchange, interest rate and hedging strategies, including the monthly hedge accounting process
- Ensure approved limits structure are in place and that all business limits are maintained within approved limits
- Support the review of and recommend any necessary changes of Treasury policies
- Ensures Treasury’s representation in projects involving the implementation of major changes in the systems technology area for the Bank.
- Act as a lead point of contact for banking and corporate treasury relationships and funding lines
- Ensure full observance of and adherence to applicable compliance and other regulatory requirements and guidelines including relevant regulatory returns
- Also ensure Regulatory Reporting in respect of treasury products and for Returns in which balances relating to Treasury are presented is carried out in most efficient manner as the Bank has a zero tolerance policy on Regulatory Returns
- Run and develop daily controls of limits and procedures related to Treasury and to assist in the process to build new tools and procedures to ensure controls
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external limits
- Maintain strategic capability to meet stressed liquidity conditions if and when required
- Managing policies and controls to support robust financial reporting and control for Treasury
- Assist the Risk and CFO in the preparation of the ICAAP/ILAAP and other regulatory deliverables
- Assisting the CFO in developing and management of treasury policies for the Bank
- Spearhead special projects and other responsibilities as typically required for a rapidly growing bank as directed by the CFO.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Ideally educated to degree level and/or demonstrable relevant experience.
ACT or similar with an accounting qualification
Minimum 10 years’ experience in Financial Services/Banking sector
Experience managing global FX and Treasury Risks
Management of ALCO and preparation of ILAAP
Treasury management including; liquidity, capital, forex management, interest rate risk, NII, RWA, forecasting and balance sheet optimisation
Knowledge of the regulatory environment and the impact on Banking Services
Treasury systems implementation experience beneficial.
Report writing and updating procedures and controls.