Travel Sales Specialist - OutOfOffice.com
£18-£20,000 basic salary depening on experience
OutOfOffice.com is a bespoke travel provider with a major focus on the LGBT market assisting with the design and planning of safe and luxurious travel itineraries.
The journey here at OutOfOffice.com has certainly been an exciting one and there is so much more to come. The founder and Managing Director, Darren Burn, launched the business in 2016 forging a partnership with the founders of the Palatinate Group.
Now in its 2nd year of trading, OutOfOffice.com is already a reputable tailor made travel provider in its own right, providing its growing customer base with specialist travel consultations. Now we need more great Sales Consultants who love travel and have consultative telephony sales experience to come on board and support our continued success.
Our role is to ensure that, whatever our customers gender or sexual orientation, they can access and enjoy the perfect holiday break with added peace of mind.
Your day in a nutshell;
- Our customers will enquire about a product, wanting to know more about the options available or reserve a holiday at that time and you will engage with them, support their queries, really understand their needs and recommend the ideal holiday destination and itinerary
- Although our initial customer contact is inbound this role does require solid consultative sales skills - you will upsell & cross-sell suitable extras and upgrades to help tailor the perfect holiday package
- It doesn't stop once you have booked the trip - we continue to support our customers and liaise with them until they return from their holiday and will follow up with customers to proactively initiate repeat custom
- Other duties will include supporting the promotion of our brand by attending relevant networking and industry related events, and, writing and maintaining content for our OutOfOffice.com website
So, what are we looking for?
We cannot emphasise enough how exciting this journey is at OutOfOffice.com, and we want people who are as genuinely enthusiastic about helping to progress our business as we are. Specific skills we are looking for from candidates are listed below. If this sounds like you do apply - we would love to get to know you better!
- Candidates should have worked in the travel industry, in a similar phone based role providing travel consultations
- You must be comfortable with sales and preferably have a natural flair for spotting appropriate opportunities to introduce suitable options to customers to ensure the best travel package is provided
- First hand knowledge of travel in Europe is required
- An understanding of the LGBT travel market, its challenges and nuances is highly advantageous
- You will excel in fast paced, high-pressured environments and have the ability to self motivate
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are a must, with the ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with a wide range of customers
- You will also be naturally proactive, if you don’t know the best answer to a customer's query or need you will be someone who is able to research solutions efficiently
- A true team player - you will enjoy a spot of healthy competition in the workplace but be able to balance this appropriately with supporting your colleagues when needed and sharing best practice
To support you in building a great career here we offer;
- Competitive basic salary
- The chance to help shape the direction of this new and exciting startup
- Extensive training and opportunities to develop in a fast-growing company
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit
- An uncapped commission scheme that can afford you a significant uplift in your salary
- Childcare vouchers
- 22 days holiday that rises to 25 days after a year of service
Out Of Office are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
- Consultative Sales
- Customer Service
- International Travel
- LGBT community