Travel Sales Consultant
At a glance:
Love travel? Love sales and the earning potential it provides? Love providing outstanding client service? Are you a confident, quick learner? We’ve got the answer!
We are looking for passionate Travel Consultants to fill exciting sales roles in a rewarding and fun environment. With the opportunity to experience our holidays for yourself and commitment to development and career progression across our 52 unique global travel brands, Travelopia has the opportunity for you.
At Hayes and Jarvis we believe that the more complex the itinerary the better. This allows us to show our expertise and with the benefit of our other 52 brands in the collection, we are able to offer clients something very unique - from polar expeditions to Antarctica to private sailing around the British Virgin Islands. We are also incredibly passionate about offering exceptional customer service and challenge ourselves daily on how we can improve the customer experience at every touch point.
What you will be doing:
Using destination knowledge and sales skills, our Travel Consultants sell individually designed tailor-made itineraries for our clients. Our leads are presented through a number of channels - Live chat, via our website and of course, over the telephone. We want you to use your ability to build a natural rapport with clients to meet and beat targets, convert leads into bookings and ensure Hayes and Jarvis is the go-to luxury tailor-made tour operator.
Your main responsibilities:
- Listening to our clients, providing expert advice and suggestions to help them book their holiday
- Making the most of every 'salesenquiry' received, balancing your time appropriately to maximise revenue and profit
- Achieving high levels of client service at all stages of the process to ensure repeat business
- Keeping in touch with product developments in our destinations, ensuring up to date commercial knowledge and understanding of hotels/ flights/ infrastructures
- Ensuring that all forms of contact - such as phone, email, chat, social media - are handled quickly and with a friendly 'can-do’ attitude, whilst achieving and exceeding sales performance targets
- Using the experience of our clients and their feedback to help the business improve
- Working hard to ensure you are constantly improving and enhancing the overall client experience and the overall perception of the Hayes and Jarvis brand
- Ensuring you understand our holidays, sharing your own stories and using your initiative to ooze expertise and encourage customers to book with Hayes and Jarvis
- Take ownership and pride for all itineraries created and provide a great end to end service
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidates will have previous sales experience and a passion for travel and be highly self-motivated and confident. In addition the ability to deliver excellent client service is paramount.
- Experience extensively travelling around or living in 1 or more country within the Hayes and Jarvis portfolio (Far East, Indian Ocean, Caribbean, USA, Central and South America, Middle East, Canada, Africa and Australasia) or extensive direct customer, tailor-made, long haul travel sales experience
- The drive to thrive in a busy sales environment and achieve or exceed performance targets
- A confident and effective communicator with an ability to persuade and influence
- A customer focused approach and drive to exceed client expectations at all times
- An eye for detail
- An ability to intrinsically go the extra mile
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well in a team
- A flexible approach to working in a dynamic environment
- Experience with a Global Distribution System - GDS - such as Amadeus or Galileo
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary - a generous base salary combined with the uncapped commission structure creates fantastic earning opportunities (potential earning rising to £60K plus)
- Flexible working arrangements including the potential for home working (this is dependent on performance after probationary periods)
- Potential educational trips abroad
- Discounted holiday rates within the Travelopia portfolio
- Career progression opportunities across the globe
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
This position is based in Crawley. There will be 4 weeks training in our Crawley office (Monday to Friday). Start dates will be either 11th June or 10th September 2018 so please advise which would suit you best when applying.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job