Travel Operations Manager
Gerrard McCall are currently representing a rare opportunity with an established Ultra Luxury Travel and Concierge Lifestyle company based in Central London.
Leaders in their niche market, this company organises travel and lifestyle services for the Ultra High Net Worth and are now seeking a Travel Operations Manager to coordinate the Team. They work with an exclusive list of high profile clients, who have come to expect the very top level of service and Travel experiences. The team consist of ambitious and organised professionals, with extensive experience in concierge travel, advising, planning and managing the travels of some of the most influential people in the world.
You will be rewarded with a role where you can take on a great level of responsibility and working as part of a fantastic close knit team. The company are seeking someone highly professional, organised and with a strong work ethic.
Reporting to the company Directors and Accountants, the overall responsibility of the Travel Team Operations Manager is to provide senior level coordination and support to an extremely busy travel department. This will include the regular evaluation of all office operations, systems, procedures and resources whilst ensuring the team is achieving maximum efficiency. The ideal candidate will be a highly competent team leader, at ease with the challenges of managing a small team and all its sales and administrative requirements.
- Manage the daily work output of the travel team
- Appraise and monitor team progress, providing full support and guidance throughout
- Management and monitoring of Salesforce CRM ensuring it is well maintained and used correctly as the team’s daily "go to" system
- Management of accounts material generated by the travel team. Includes:-
o Monitoring client invoices and ensuring 100% accuracy
o Checking that correct profit margins have been assessed
o Checking latest financial positions
o Managing weekly and monthly revenue reports
o Electronic filing and storage of all documentation
o Providing book-keepers/accountants with required material for wider financial projections.
o Online transacting using Cardsave/Worldpay/American Express
o Tracking of credit and debit card payments through online merchant services
o Checking hotel payment systems such as TACS and Onyx
- Proof read travel team itineraries to ensure complete accuracy in spelling and grammar
- Ensure itinerary presentation is representative of the company brand
- Maintain records in Salesforce of client service contracts including start dates and renewal dates
- Send welcome material to new clients
- Prepare invoices and terms and conditions for renewing clients
- Schedule team calls and devise travel division agenda
- Coordinate team holiday schedules
- Approve meetings with the travel trade based on relevance and productivity
- Coordinate travel trade show appointments
- Drive travel team monthly sales targets
- Have a detailed understanding of each client’s travel calendar over the coming year
- Collate all material from the team in order to produce weekly reports for senior management
- Exceptionally high level of English language communication skills, both verbal and written
- Very high accuracy in grammar and spelling
- Articulate and mature demeanour with the ability to problem solve
- Strong presentation skills and understanding of the value of brand representation
- Strong reporting skills
- Leadership skills with proven ability in small team management
- Self-motivation an team motivational skills, particularly in achieving sales
- The ability to think autonomously and make sound decisions
- Client relation skills - preferable experience dealing with a UHNW client base
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Computer literacy essential
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using Xero
- Flexible disposition in terms of work and working hours
- Good qualifications in English and Maths essential
- Business Management qualification highly beneficial
- Book-keeping/accountancy training highly beneficial
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position. Ideally some experience within the luxury travel industry, though this isn’t essential
Please apply with your up to date CV and a full relevant cover letter for consideration.