Responsibilities including but not limited to:
* Create and manage the annual briefing and contracting timetable with the Product teams.
* Develop and maintain key supplier relationships with jointly agreed vision and strategy agreements that are regularly reviewed. Nurture agreements to negotiate industry leading rates and unique products.
* Develop a travel timetable to research and negotiate product briefs creating new supplier relationships and strengthening agreements. Travel to Global Destinations to review and finalise agreements.
* Negotiated commercial agreements and marketing contributions with ground handlers, hotels, destination management companies and tourist boards.
* Monitor destination arrival statistics and seek strategic initiatives in order to drive incremental market share for Imagine.
* Maintain and agree processes with the Operational team to ensure contracted products are operationally viable and provide an excellent customer journey.
* Develop sales room night and rate data, year on year, competitor analysis and recommend rate requirements to help aid negotiations.
* To have experience in a travel industry Purchasing Manager role with a strategic approach with commercial awareness
* Able to evidence great contracting and negotiating skills with the ability to build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
* To be strong, pro-active, dynamic, passionate and most importantly must work well as part of a team
* Is able to communicate in a professional manner at all levels with both external and internal suppliers/customers.
* Great analytical skills and the ability to relay complex information in a concise way
* Ability to create excellent processes and identify improvements where required
* Able to work well under pressure, and cope with the demands of deadlines and targets
* Able to maintain great attention to detail.
* To be an Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
* Must be very organised with the ability to prioritise conflicting requirements.
* Microsoft Office (Excel / Word) to intermediate level.
* A passion for tourism worldwide and the ability and desire to travel.
* Able to evaluate bids/tenders and make recommendations as required
* Able to conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
* Must have a strong customer service ethic
* To have experience of managing a team
* Educated to degree level
* CIPS qualification
The successful candidate will can expect a very competitive salary in the region of £30000 -£45000 which will be dependent on experience, you can also expect some really fantastic company benefits and other great travel industry perks!
If you feel you have the experience I am looking for please follow the instructions to apply, send your CV via email to or call Helen Cassin on for more information.
- purchasing manager travel industry tour operator management wiltshire swindon