Travel Customer Service Manager
Currently seeking a Travel Customer Service Manager to support the customer service needs of a hard-working and motivated travel team. This is a newly created role in a fast growing company, specialising in outdoors and adventure holidays.
This role will involve being responsible for all customer service, from the initial booking, to pre and post travel queries and comments.
This role would suit a person who is motivated by having a high level of responsibility, and takes great pride in representing a specialist brand to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction. With the specialist nature of this niche company, repeat business and recommendations are central to continued growth and success.
Your mission will be to maximise customer satisfaction (measured through Net Promoter Scores) whilst protecting profit margins. The role will have a wide scope, and so the ideal candidate will be happy to 'roll their sleeves up’ and engage directly with customers, but also have the experience and ability to identify root causes and influence internal teams and suppliers to make significant improvements for future customers.
- Being the main point of contact for the resolution of any service issues and complaints
- Resolving any problems as efficiently as possible to give more time to the Sales and Operations teams
- Responding to customers via email, telephone and social media
- Liaising closely with the Sales and Operations teams regarding any significant changes to travel itineraries. Offer training on how to manage these amendments whilst maintaining customer satisfaction, even when additional costs may be incurred by the customer
- Liaising with Sales, Operations, Accounts and Suppliers to understand any issues, identify root causes, and devise a strategy to prevent these issues from occurring
- Engaging with customers throughout the process to offer resolutions and turn 'detractors’ into 'neutrals’ and 'promoters’. Gaining an understanding of satisfaction trends at all stages of process
- Monitoring forums and social media for any comments or feedback, both positive and negative - Responding to any comments appropriately, maintaining brand integrity
- Taking ownership of the customer feedback process and the communication loop with suppliers and internal teams
- Investigating customer complaints or comments to ensure that any response is thorough and accurate
- Creating service guidelines, policies and KPIs, and provide training to ensure that all company teams meet those standards
- Championing the customer service strategy and providing positive support and structure to all team members
- Experience working in the Travel industry
- Previous experience of 'owning’ a Customer Service role, which has included working alongside the wider business to set new service levels and guide other departments towards these goals
- Experience in measuring customer satisfaction levels and implementing changes to customer service processes
- Commercially minded, and a desire to maintain the reputation and integrity of a unique and exciting travel business - able to take ownership of any issues which may affect the reputation of the company
- An exceptionally high level of communication skills and the ability to remain professional and positive when a customer is dissatisfied
- Motivated by customer satisfaction and with a proven background in problem solving - naturally motivated by achieving a happy customer base
- A very high level of attention to detail is essential
- Confident, with solid experience in customer service leadership
- Able to lead the customer service of the Sales and Operations teams, which includes both office and remote staff, UK and worldwide
- An interest in the outdoors or active holidays