A niche independent travel specialists based in north London are now recruiting a Travel Consultant to join their team. The successful applicant will be responsible for handling reservations over the telephone and via e-mail, whilst dealing with the administration of your bookings.
As the Travel Consultant you will undertake an array of tasks & responsibilities:
- Process bookings on the reservations system and other supplier on-line systems where applicable and ensure the customer is fully informed throughout the booking process
- Administration throughout the entire booking process for your bookings.
- You will be responsible in sourcing the best and most cost effective fares on long haul and short haul flights.
- Production of accurate passenger name lists to airlines and ground suppliers
- Running reports, entering insurance details, checking medical forms and similar
- Filing and general administrative duties.
- Preparing relevant documentation for despatch - e.g. booking confirmations, invoices, tickets, itineraries, dossiers, letters, and amendments.
Travel Consultant Skill attributes:
- The successful applicant will have an excellent telephone manner with good experience of CRS/GDS or working within Travel Retail desirable
- Our client will also consider a Travel and Tourism Graduate who is passionate about the industry and will offer training
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work accurately with a good level of numeracy, excellent spoken and written English
- Strong customer service, influencing and negotiating skills
- Competent use of office IT products including MS word, MS excel and MS outlook
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop relationships at all levels
Due to the number of applications – ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
For all the latest jobs log on to