At a glance:
Have your lived in or travelled around Australasia? Do you love sales and the earning potential it provides? Do you love providing outstanding client service? We’ve got the answer!
We are looking for passionate Travel Consultants to fill exciting sales roles in a rewarding and fun environment in our Leeds Based Austravel offices. With amazing trips around the world and commitment to development and career progression across our 52 unique global travel brands, Travelopia has the opportunity for you.
If you’re a confident communicator, have the DNA to sell, are passionate about travel, have first-hand experience of Australasia and want to join a fast growing organisation with the opportunity to develop your career within the travel sector, then consider joining us at Austravel, part of the newly formed Travelopia collection of unique brands.
At Austravel we have been creating tailor-made Australasia holidays since 1977 and we are a 6 times Travel Award winner.
As part of the team you will get the opportunity to experience our holidays for yourself and when you’re in the office you can enjoy working in our great culture which is fun, rewarding and focused towards developing talent. We want you to use your ability to build a natural rapport with clients to meet and beat targets, convert leads into bookings and ensure Austravel is the go-to luxury tailor-made tour operator for Australasia destinations.
What you will be doing:
Using destination knowledge and sale skills, our Travel Consultants sell individually designed tailor-made itineraries for our clients. Our leads are presented via our website and over the telephone.
Your main responsibilities:
- Listening to our clients, providing expert advice and suggestions to help them book their holiday
- Making the most of every 'sales enquiry' received, balancing your time appropriately to maximise revenue and profit
- Achieving high levels of client service at all stages of the process to ensure repeat business
- Keeping in touch with product developments in our destinations, ensuring up to date commercial knowledge and understanding of hotels/ flights/ infrastructures
- Ensuring that all forms of contact - such as phone, email, chat, social media - are handled quickly and with a friendly 'can-do’ attitude, whilst achieving and exceeding sales performance targets
- Using the experience of our clients and their feedback to help the business improve
- Working hard to ensure you are constantly improving and enhancing the overall client experience and the overall perception of the Austravel brand
- Ensuring you understand our holidays, sharing your own stories and using your initiative to ooze expertise and encourage customers to book with Austravel
- Take ownership and pride for all itineraries created and provide a great end to end service
What we are looking for:
You will have a sales background, first-hand experience of Australasia destinations and be highly self-motivated. In addition the ability to deliver excellent client service is paramount.
- Knowledge/experience of Australasia destination(s)
- A proven successful track record in sales and an ability to thrive in a busy sales environment and achieve or exceed performance targets
- A confident communicator with an ability to persuade and influence
- A customer focused approach and drive to exceed client expectations at all times
- An eye for detail
- An ability to intrinsically go the extra mile
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well in a team
- A flexible approach to working in a dynamic environment
- Experience with a Global Distribution System - GDS - such as Amadeus or Galileo
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
Working within Travelopia:
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we're passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary - a generous base salary combined with the uncapped commission structure creates fantastic earning opportunities (potential earning rising to £60K plus)
- Potential educational trips abroad
- Discounted holiday rates within the Travelopia portfolio
- Career progression opportunities across the globe
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service