1st Step Solutions are supporting one of the largest Travel Insurance Companies in the UK with their recruitment.
Based in Kings Hill, our client is currently expanding within their Claim Handler Team; and seeking a customer focused, organised individual to join them on a permanent, full time basis
The role of the Claims Handler is to assess and manage Travel Claims in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with the benefits and rules of the policy.
- Handling all claims right through from first advice to final settlement
- Dispatch of claim form
- Investigating, negotiating and settling claims within an agreed authority level
- Recording claims data and progress accurately
- Communicating decisions to customers
- Answering customer queries via letter writing, email or telephone
- Arranging claims payment
- Proactively identifying any fraudulent cases and assessing the recovery potential
- Complying with legislative requirements such as data protection and medical confidentiality
- Assisting project work or undertake projects for the claims team
Personal Qualities & Key Skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience within insurance and claims exposure
- Numerate and possessing relevant PC skills -Word & -Outlook (essential), Excel (desirable)
- Able to strike a balance between demonstrating empathy with the customer whilst conscious of the need to settle claims in accordance with policy wording/conditions
- An effective team worker and demonstrates the ability to take responsibility for resolving issues/problems
- Good attention to detail and able to work accurately to meet strict deadlines
- Dependability, attention to details,and ability to follow and interpret procedures in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Ability to exercise judgement to shift priorities and organise multiple tasks simultaneously
With interview slots available immediately, please APPLY TODAY if you would like to be considered for the opportunity.
- Customer Service and Customer Support