At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
UK Transportation Operations Specialist Overview
Amazon Transportation Services is looking to hire a motivated, highly committed, and customer-obsessed transport specialist. A transportation specialist facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders and resolves any potential issues that impacts customer experience and delivery performance. In this role you will provide timely resolution to the issues by researching & querying internal tools, taking real-time decisions and having effective communication with the stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Proactively monitor Line haul activity to identify, address, and prevent potential issues
· Develop and execute effective service recovery plans as necessary
· Continual, tactical communication with external customers
· Identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon’s Line haul operations
· Systematically escalate problems or variances in the operation to the Supervisors and Shift Managers
· Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met
· Develop relationships and communicate with LSPs/Carriers and internal customers such as NOC, Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers, and Delivery Stations to improve network visibility and meet daily operational needs
· Support continuous improvement initiatives to help improve process efficiency and quality
· Live tracking of trailers and resolving issues or arranging alternatives in case of any incident etc.
· Feedback to the Scheduling and Trailer Management team on operational observations to support improved processes and planning
· Work in a dynamic environment with an ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
· Demonstrate ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written
· Providing real-time customer experience by working in 24-7 operating environment
Shifts patterns include:
· Sunday - Wednesday (AM/PM/Nights)
· Wednesday - Saturday (AM/PM/Nights)
To be successful in this role, you need the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams.
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher / Equivalent) required
· 1+ years of previous experience in a similar role in Logistics or Transportation operations
· Strong computer literacy
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in MS office mainly Word and Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Should be comfortable with a multi-tasking, high-energy environment. Should be creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service
· Should be flexible to adapt to support a 24-7 operating environment
· Experience in Logistics or Transportation.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job