Start date: Immediate
Duration of assignment: 6 Months Temporary Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours a week - Mon-Fri 8-4
Pay Rate: Between £9-£10 an hour
The Transport Connect Team are responsible for managing all transportation and documentation of shipments from Bournemouth to over 70 countries and an average of 750 shipments per month. This includes managing the haulers from bookings to payment of freight invoices and ensuring on time dispatch targets are at site expectations.
Key day to day responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
* Obtaining Proof Of Export for shipments and updating Database accordingly.
* Processing of Freight Invoices from Hauliers, including proactively chasing hauliers for outstanding invoices and corrections.
* Loading of shipping folder information in Tadpole from a SAP import and manual loading will be required to cover the outside supplier collections.
* Daily following up for aftercare actions, and daily reporting of outstanding actions.
* Management of Shared Email Box, ensuring actions are complete and timely followed up.
* Sharing booking confirmations/AWB and BOL's with the relevant customer service groups.
* Update customer check sheets and shipping instructions for the department and ensure timely updates are performed and shared accordingly.
* Ensuring shipping folders are timely updated and filed accordingly, reconciling folders to TadPole.
* Haulier KPI reporting, gathering data from various sources and inputting data into Central Transportation KPIs.
Every day will be different. We ask for someone who can handle business pressure and changing circumstances, whilst remaining calm and flexible to changing priorities.
The successful candidate will need to manage multiple priorities at any time so the ability to prioritise their workload and follow through to completion is essential. They need to be well disciplined in their approach, have excellent attention to detail and be able to work independently with minimal guidance.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate good communication skills and must be able to work effectively with a diverse set of individuals including Customer Services, PD, haulers as well as fit within a lively Transport Connect Team.
Whilst the successful candidate would be fully trained in the role and specific systems, they need to take personal ownership for development of their skills and identify areas for simplifying processes and developing process improvements for the team.
Competency in MS Office applications, in particular Advanced Excel would be an advantage. The individual must be a competent PC user and be able to embrace new systems. It would also be advantageous to be a competent user of SAP.
If you have a similar background, apply now!
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.