AMAZING opportunity for an experienced Transport & Logistics expert to join a reputable company in Carlisle
Your new company
Your new company is an award winning, reputable logistics business based in Carlisle who, due to continued business success, are seeking an experienced Transport Team Manager to support with the running of their busy distribution centre in Carlisle.
Your new role
The Transport Team Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of a fast-paced and energetic transport operation within a 24/7 regional distribution centre. Your remit will be looking after circa 70 drivers and managing your Transport team's performance against set KPIs and targets. In this customer focused environment, you will collaborate with your team and wider stakeholders to suggest ways of delivering the best possible service to your customers, and you will hold regular meetings with the team to discuss in an open forum.
You will manage the vehicle fleet and its maintenance, as well as leading the way in terms of health & safety on site. Compliance with transport legislation is essential, so you will ensure that all transport & logistics operations comply with the relevant legislation. The Transport Team Manager will have some HR responsibility so will assist with grievances, disciplinaries and absence management, as well as recruitment into your team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience in a similar capacity, such as a Transport Supervisor, Transport Team Manager, Transport Ops Manager etc
- Experience within a fast-paced distribution environment ideally
- It would be HIGHLY ADVANTAGEOUS if you have experience with chilled / food distribution
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Experience using computerised Transport Management Systems (TMS)
- Ideally, you will have experience of working within a unionised environment
What you'll get in return
- A highly competitive starting salary between £30-35K, depending on experience
- Competitive BONUS scheme £££
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Competitive company pension scheme, for which contributions increase with time served in the business
- Healthcare benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts with loads of retailers / cinemas / days out
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'