Are you a Transport Manager with experience of both Nationwide Trunking and Home Delivery ?
If you are and would like the opportunity to join a successful business and market leader in the world of home furnishings, this is the role for you.
Purpose of role:
To manage day to day transport operations from the Lutterworth Distribution Centre, ensuring all service standards are met or exceeded and that Customer Service is always at the centre of everything we do. Ensuring that the transport team and vehicles on the fleet are legally compliant. Working with drivers to ensure they are fully engaged and committed, making the site a Great Place to Work.
- Promote an engaged culture amongst the transport team, helping them understand the value of their contribution to the satisfaction of the customer, to encourage them to 'go the extra mile' in the delivery of service.
- Ensure delivery crews comply with all processes to ensure that customers receive excellent service and that all deliveries can be tracked correctly in accordance with Company requirements.
- Continuously seek opportunities to make improvements to the levels of Customer Service offered by the site.
- Working with the Transport Manager drive continuous improvement initiatives across the transport operations with a view to improve, service, quality and/or cost.
- Responsible for the management and control of all Trunking and Home Delivery Operations across a shift.
- Daily review of transport KPI's to identify any areas that are below target and instigate corrective actions.
- Management of the transport plan to ensure that all routes are adequately covered and that any gaps are identified and resources identified to provide cover.
- Ensure that all vehicle maintenance and servicing is scheduled into the plan and that these activities are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies and improve performance across all fleet operations.
Gap Professional is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client.