Great Bear is an award-winning 3rd Party UK business of Ambient products, providing nationwide dedicated and shared user warehousing and distribution solutions.
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Supervisor on a full time, permanent basis at our Desborough site.
- Shift: 4 on 4 off days
To contribute to the success of the Great Bear Transport Department by the efficient planning of transport resources.
- Effectively planning driver and vehicle resource to achieve delivery / collection times, creating and updating daily run summary
- Communicating with Transport Manager and Transport Planning Teams to maximise backloads, identifying cost saving opportunities, trailer utilisation and cost efficiency.
- Supporting the Transport Planning Team with their daily work load for a fleet of vehicles based at Desborough and Brackmills.
- Acting as a point of escalation to deal with queries by telephone, fax and e-mail from our customer, sub contract haulier’s and warehousing sites.
- Liaising with the GBD traffic and administration teams to ensure the highest standards of performance are maintained at all times.
- Reporting problems and dealing with any issues/queries that may arise.
- Daily communication with operational teams, vendors and customers regarding network/route plan changes.
- Continual improvement for cost reductions, identifying where cost can be saved from tactical route changes.
- Optimising resource and adherence of Working Time Directive (WTD) and drivers’ hours legislation
- Ensuring legal compliance regarding any defects, services, MOTS, etc.
- Controlling casual and agency requirements on a daily basis
- Ensuring all accidents / incidents / near misses are logged and reported
- Communicating operational changes that may affect a drivers’ daily duties
- Carrying out disciplinaries or investigations in line with Company procedure
- Ensuring depot risk assessments are organised and carried out accordingly
- Managing vehicle and trailer cleanliness, ensuring that the Company’s corporate image is maintained at all times
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of transport planning expertise in a busy and demanding environment.
- Be able to communicate well at all levels within the business.
- Be able to make decisions under pressure, and to a tight timescale
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Common operating systems
- Software proficiency
- Data analysis
- Continuous Improvement
In return, we offer: pension scheme, childcare vouchers and great staff facilities. Hospital, dental and optical, training and development and MANY MORE!
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'