Hours of work are flexible between (8am - 5pm) Working Tuesday - Saturday.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To support the Transport Manager in all aspects of the transport operation within the depot.
- The position will require effective control of costs, planning and maintenance on both the van and HGV fleet together with effectively managing the drivers in their respective depot and in conjunction with the Transport Manager.
- The Transport supervisor will be required to undertake such daily tasks as monitoring infringements, tachograph analysis, recording defects, route planning and pod inputting.
- Transport supervisors will be required cover for the Transport Manager in their absence.
- Routinely check Driving Licences for Points ensuring they do not exceed the amount set by the company.
- Maintain the Vehicle Defect System and escalate defects to the Transport Manager/Administrator.
- To plan and route applicable HGV fleet on a daily basis, plan van routes where applicable.
- To pre brief all drivers prior to departing.
- To debrief all drivers on there return to depot.
- Carry out any accident investigations.
- Work closely with the Recruitment Agencies in assisting the Transport Manager in recruiting new drivers.
- Check new vehicles for damage
- Keep close control on any vehicle damages by liaising with fleet manager
- Complete collection and delivery details on the system.
- Fill out and complete daily collection / scheduling paperwork.
- Complete annual and interim driver reviews
- Take responsibility for any cost reports required by Transport Manager
- Conduct return to work interviews, sickness reviews when required, in accordance with the company absence policy
- Keep up to date records of absence and send to the relevant administrator
- Conduct investigation meetings in accordance with the company disciplinary policy.
Key skills (Interpersonal):
- Good people skills
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Planning, prioritising and organisation skills.
- Be accurate when maintaining records
- To be flexible with hours of work as evening and weekend work required in line with business requirements
- Knowledge of the roads and motorway networks
Key skills (Technical):
- T Literate, intermediate MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills - Able to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to Management. Numerate with a methodical approach
- The ability to generate reports.
- Previous experience in the use of Isotrak
Experience (type and level):
- Worked in a traffic office previously, having contact with customers on a daily basis.
Qualifications (General qualifications & Professional):
- Previous experience in a similar role for a minimum of two years
- Full driving licence as you may be required to travel.
- Good Geographical Knowledge
- HGV licence.
- Knowledge of EU Drivers hours and working time directive.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job