The Transport Supervisor will support the Transport Manager in the day to day running of the site. Working in a site which services blue-chip customers, you'll be working closely with the driver teams to ensure a timely dispatch, conduct effective driver debriefs and organising driver resource.
Applicants must live within a commutable distance to Ellesmere Port.
A well established Logistics operation with a number of sites across the UK.
The role of the Transport Supervisor:
- Brief drivers to ensure that all instructions for their allocated runs communicated
- Liaise with external customers and internal colleagues regarding collections and deliveries on the current service level and what's planned
- Use source data to compile management reports
- Revise driver log sheets with the drivers, ensuring vehicle checks are completed and all accidents/damage reported daily
- Undertake the completion of relevant tasks such as downloading of information from digital tachographs, monitoring & managing information from the vehicle telematics system
The Successful Applicant:
- Experience of working in a Transport Logistics environment as either Transport Supervisor / Administrator / Planner
- PC literate with Transport Management Systems
- Experience in managing teams of people
- Experience in route planning would be beneficial although this role requires no route planning experience
- Be an effective communicator
- Problem solving and planning effective contingencies and solution
Hours: Monday - Friday (09:00 - 17:30)