The Transport Supervisor role will involve regular contact with drivers, customers and resolving issues relating. The Transport Supervisor will ensure transport compliance, health and safety and will live within a commutable distance to Stockport.
A market leader within their specialist sector.
The role of the Transport Supervisor:
- Ensure company compliance with all transport policies, legislation and procedures.
- Identify operational issues, potential problems and opportunities to improve the service and efficiency of Transport Operations.
- Responsible for transport related Health and Safety investigations.
- Oversee all day to day duties of the drivers conducting all briefs and de-briefs and managing infringements.
- Report any issues or breakdowns.
- Efficiently plan and manage all of the companies vehicles making sure service schedules are managed.
The Successful Transport Supervisor:
- Will have previous management experience within a Transport Operation
- A previous role within a manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Be able to manage any 3rd party hauliers
- Strong IT skills on Microsoft packages and various TMS
- Full clean driving license
- Experience with Tachograph reports and following up with actions if necessary
- A Transport Operators CPC would be an advantage though not necessary
Hours: Varying shift patterns to meet business demands
"Office Assistant jobs in London"