Position: Transport Supervisor
Salary: Up to £30, 000
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 20th March 2018
For the role of Transport Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring that you manage factory movements in the transport operation for this key customer, support the customers growth plans, manage and control costs to maximise margin and profitability for the closed book operation.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Manage the service and operational delivery of the Birdseye factory movements
* Working with the central team and customer to develop transport delivery model
* Support customers growth plans and develop the closed book opportunity by ensuring DHL are first choice for the customer
* Working closely with 3PLs
* Development and implementation of transport best practice, utilising all DHL knowledge and expertise
* Utilise First Choice methodology to support account delivery and development
* Strive for zero transport compliance issues in line with DHL compliance policies
* Health and Safety and Vehicle Compliance
* Driver training in line with DHL requirements to ensure compliance and professional driving
* Accident investigation / prevention
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Knowledge of fast moving retail customer
* Supply Chain experience
* Closed book transport operations
* Extensive experience in a similar transport operation
* Direct customer interface experience
* International CPC desirable
* GCSE / A Level
* Relevant degree or diploma desirable
* Strong IT skills essential
* LGV desirable
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL:
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKContract TypePermanent (Full-Time)LocationLowestoftWorking HoursJob TypeWarehousing, Package Handling & DistributionShift RequirementDay time onlyCareer LevelTeam Leaders & ManagersRelocation OfferedNoneResponsible forTravel RequiredBelow 25%Reports toRGM Travel ExtentWithin regionTarget Hire Date19/03/2018Work Permit RequiredYes