Transport Supervisor required. My client is a well-established supplier of a diverse range of haulage solutions. Due to the on-going success and growth of the business my client is currently seeking an experienced Transport Supervisor to join the team.
The role will involve regular contact with drivers, customers and resolving issues relating to delivery to sites. The ideal candidate will have a proven background in a transport operations position with a good understanding of transport compliance, health and safety and live within a commutable distance of Stockport.
Transport Supervisor Position Overview
- Ensure company compliance with all transport policies, legislation and procedures
- Efficiently plan all drivers schedules ensuring they have a set day-plan
- Identify operational issues, potential problems and opportunities to improve the service and efficiency of Transport Operations.
- Deal with the dispatches and returns with couriers
- Responsible for transport related Health and Safety investigations.
- Oversee all day to day duties of the drivers
- Report any issues or breakdowns
- Efficiently plan and manage all of the companies vehicles
Transport Supervisor Position Requirements
- Previous experience within a Transport Supervisor role or similar
- Leadership experience with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong IT skills on Microsoft packages
- Full clean driving license
- Experience with Tachograph reports
Transport Supervisor Position Remuneration
- Salary £25,000 - £28,000
- Monday to Friday - (08:00 - 17:30)
- 28 days' holiday, including bank holidays
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job