Do you put excellent Customer Service at the forefront of your daily challenges? Can you motivate and manage a team of people to achieve the highest standards in delivery and performance? Do you thrive on pressure in getting it right first time?
We are seeking a Transport Supervisor to lead and manage our brand new Regional Distribution Centre in Greenford.
Salary of up to £40,000 (DOE) 23 days holiday and corporate benefit package.
Responsibilities of a Transport Supervisor include:
- Route optimization and planning
- Management of a fleet of vehicles up to 7.5t and a workforce of up to 30 drivers and parcel sorters
- Management of local dedicated courier contract
- Ensuring full legal and operational compliance of all vehicles and drivers
- Recruitment, management and development of drivers
- Regular interaction with local Sales teams and customers as well as head office based administration teams.
- Managing local budget and ensuring the most efficient management of all local resources
- Maintaining and reporting local key performance indicators, individually and team orientated
- Management of all Health and Safety risks on site
- To comply and enforce company policies, procedures and standards. Promoting a safe and healthy working environment at all times.
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be requested by a Regional Distribution Manager / Logistics Director.
As the Transport Supervisor you will be responsible for the general day to day running of the RDC; including but not limited to the operation and logistics, staff management, efficiency and budget. You will need to be dedicated and committed to providing an exceptional service to customers while being pragmatic in approach. You will need to contribute to the development of the RDC and be able to effectively deal with any issues that may arise on a daily basis.
Knowledge, skills and attribute's required to become our Transport Supervisor:
- Knowledge of transport planning in a multi-drop delivery environment.
- Health and Safety experience/qualification such as IOSH.
- 3+ years experience in transport and people management.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service and interpersonal skills are essential
- PC skills and knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent planning and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and train staff.
About the company
At Lyreco our aim is to "simplifying your life at work", by offering sustainable workplace solutions.
We have a large work force across several areas that ensure our customers are provided with the best service possible. To achieve this, we work with our employees to support and develop them.We are a well-established and profitable organisation with a robust operational base, our business is renowned for its customer service levels and reliability.