Next Distribution is one of the great success stories of British Retail. Our success is dependent on the expertise and passion of our teams across the UK. We are at the cutting edge of Warehouse & Distribution so when we are looking for people to join our teams within our Regional Distribution Centres only the best of the best are ready to take on this challenging position.
Position: Transport Supervisor
Location: Bristol, Avon
Job Type: Full Time, 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 13.30 - 22.00.
About the role:
We currently have an opportunity available working 40 hours per week Monday - Friday 13.30 - 22.00.
- Ensure that all relevant safety regulations, legal and company policy are adhered to and that staff are aware of their individual responsibilities to ensure their own and others safety at work
- Manage Drivers’ hours to ensure to ensure efficient utilisation of working time
- Be responsible for all the activities and processes which are associated with managing people
- Liaise with suppliers, customers and warehouse staff to ensure smooth flow of products and to ensure resources for the operation are sufficient
- Ensure vehicles are allocated to drivers taking into consideration the vehicle’s mileage and maintenance schedule
- Ensure that all paperwork, reports and IT systems are accurate and meet specific deadlines and that reports adhere to required standards
- Have experience of managing a team of 15+ direct reports
- Strong people management skills, leading by example, engaging with colleagues at all levels
- Possess excellent communication skills when dealing with staff at all levels including when handling difficult situations
- Ideally have demonstrable experience of working within a similar role
- Be a real team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment
- Have a real customer focus when dealing with Drivers and other departments
- Be committed to the development of self and others within your team
- Ideally have a good knowledge of Road Transport Regulations
- Ideally hold a full UK driving licence
You may have experience of the following: Transport Supervisor, Transport Team Leader, Distribution, Logistics, Team Leader, Fleet Supervisor, Fleet Team Leader, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.