Supervisor – Transport Team – Yodel – Shaw (Oldham& Manchester Area)
Looking for a Supervisory role that could lead onto a successful career in the Transport / Distribution Sector?
Sunday 18:00 - 06:00 (12 hours)
Monday 22:00 - 06:00 (8 hours)
Tuesday 22:00 - 06:00 (8 hours)
Wednesday Rest Day
Thursday Rest Day
Friday 22:00 - 10:00 (12 hours)
Saturday Rest Day
Other benefits besides competitive holidayentitlement, Pension and fantastic discount with well-known retailer Very.
At the heart of Yodel delivery business we have 3National Sort and Transport Hubs based in Hatfield, Wednesbury and Shawreceiving parcels from our high profile clients, sorting these and ensuringsafe delivery to one of our 45+ National Service Centres.
Yodel handle 155 million+ parcels a year and 1million+ delivered on a peak day! We have 1,200 Trailers in our fleetused for bulk trunking to/from our Sort centres at heart of which are ourTransport team.
About The role
We’re currently looking for a Team Supervisor tojoin our friendly Transport Team in Shaw. In this role you’re pivotal in managing the day to day interactions inour Transport Admin Office. You’ll bemanaging the admin processes, drivers schedules and vehicle management toensure we are compliant with driving legislations and we’re getting our trailersout on time.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting into the Shift Manager, you’ll be helpingShaw’s Transport team to ensure delivery schedules are achieved. You’ll bemanaging several key tasks including:
- Administrative support, making sure drivers hours and absence are tracked and cover is in place.
- Ensuring compliance of the scheduling system.
- Managing the communication with the drivers to ensure they have the information they need to get out on time.
- Continuous delivery of operational and customer service key performance indicators.
You’ll already have gained experience in a similarrole in the Transport sector and ideally have worked in a fast-paced officeenvironment.
We’d like to hear from you if this sounds like you:
- It goes without saying you’ll be organised, have excellent attention to detail and able to manage your workload as well as multitask.
- Good working knowledge working with IT Systems and confident working with Excel.
- A confident communicator and team player, happy working alongside our drivers and Managers alike.
- Understanding of driving legislation including operators licensing and WTD
- CPC (desirable but not essential)
What we hope you do now….
At Yodel we’re keen to delivering amazing careersas well as parcels, we’d love you to apply so we can speak to you more aboutthis great opportunity.