Brewster Partners are working exclusively with The Green Group - a growing General Haulage, Pallet Network and Warehousing business - to recruit for a Transport Supervisor/Planner on a night shift. The role would suit an experienced Transport Supervisor with planning experience as well as team management experience. Based in Rotherham, the site is easily accessible from the M18 and has on site parking.
The job involves supervising a small team within the Transport office Tuesday - Saturday on a night shift (further details below) to ensure that customer service levels are upheld to the highest standards. Responsible for the execution and planning of the drivers work schedule, making sure that the quality of driver performance and compliance is maintained. Areas of responsibility include:
- Operating the shift plan in place effectively making any changes needed to the plan in order to ensure that the work flows throughout the shift
- Ensuring all drivers are briefed prior to their shift and allocate work
- Ensuring drivers are dressed appropriately for the role including wearing the correct PPE as required prior to departure.
- Ensuring Drivers infringements are captured and ensure infringements are de briefed face to face and on FTA
- Monitoring defect reports daily with any issues raised and dealt with in a quick and timely manner, investigate new damage on trailers and tractor units
- Completing damage and accident reports and investigating in a timely manner
- Ensuring trailer service dates are adhered to - liaising with the garage and planning team
- Logging and dealing with returned goods
- Ensuring all drivers receive a full induction and all SSOW'S are completed prior to starting work
- Producing KPI reports for the business managers and producing hand over reports
- De-briefing drivers accordingly to ensure that jobs have been completed correctly, PODS have been scanned, and the vehicle is fit for purpose for the next job
- Managing and supporting Transport Shift Co Ordinator's in their day to day role
- Co-ordinating all Group unit/trailer breakdowns and passing on all relevant information
- Overseeing all deliveries to ensure they are on time - progress chasing drivers and logging all details on Truckcom
- Working with the Transport Manager to ensure that all legal requirements are adhered to with regards to tacho downloads, vehicle downloads, driver hours and Transport legislation and that any offences are discussed and signed off with appropriate drivers
- Identifying the training needs of individuals through performance and appraisal processes
The shift pattern is Tuesday - Friday 6pm - 3am and Saturday 6pm - 6am
To be successful in your application you will need to be able to demonstrate managerial experience in a transport environment, with transport planning experience and ideally be used to working nights. We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of working in a busy transport office (General Haulage environment)
- Experience of General Haulage route planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of Drivers Hours, WTD and Road Transport Regulations
- Strong people management skills, leading by example and engaging with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to train and develop people
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages
- Excellent IT, communication and customer service skills
- International CPC would be desirable, however knowledge of Transport law would be an advantage
- 28 days holiday annually
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Convenient location with parking
- Uniform provided
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpartners.co.uk for more information.
- night manager; transport job nights; transport job rotherham; 3PL job; transport planner job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'