A rapidly expanding logistics provider is seeking a dynamic Transport Shift Manager to assist with their aggressive growth plans.
This highly successful General Haulage and Pallet Network provider has a number of high profile contracts and a very busy Transport Office in Maltby.
This is a permanent role working nights on a 4 on 4 off rota. You will be responsible for managing the drivers work schedule and ensuring that the transport operation runs smoothly. This is an integral role helping restructure the business for additional growth whilst still for ensuring the company maintains their high reputation for customer service. As a family run business, your hard work will be properly recognised and will allow your rapid promotion into future sites and or roles following successful results. This role will suit those who wish to use their strong transport knowledge, have strong people management skills and want to be part of a growth success story.
- Assisting the Transport Manager in the daily Transport Operations of 150+ on site vehicles
- Liaising between drivers and the planning department to ensure that the drivers work schedule is properly executed
- Communicating with drivers regularly, you will update the Truckcom system accordingly
- Allocating work and pre-briefing drivers, ensuring that the correct PPE is worn at all times
- Monitoring the fuel cards, drivers WTD and compliance at regular intervals
- Checking driver performance and signing off their potential infringements
- Compiling shift reports to ensure a smooth passover to the other shift manager
- Assisting with loading work when required
- Previous experience supervising drivers within a busy transport office
- Strong Transport Planning knowledge
- The ability to demonstrate a strong management style and motivate other employees
- A calm, clear communication style despite a busy environment
- A willingness to be flexible with regards to duties, and demonstrate a hands on attitude at all times
- In depth knowledge of WTDs and road transport regulations
- Operators CPC desirable but not necessary
- A competitive salary of £25,000 per annum
- Life insurance after qualification period
- A four on four off fixed nights contract
- Genuine opportunities for diverse career progression, including new sites and warehouse divisions
- The chance to work in a close-knit environment within a family orientated culture
** Transport Shift Manager , Transport Supervisor , Drivers , WTD , Driver regulations , Transport Planning , Truckcom , Rotherham ***