Transport Shift Manager - Runcorn - Distribution/Logistics
Salary C:£35K Base plus Benefits
Our client is one of the best known names in the Distribution FMCG market, providing our customers with high standards of quality and service
- CPC essential
Reporting to the Transport Operations Manager, you will assist in the management and performance of the shift operation.
You will be responsible for managing a team of Team-Leaders and drivers, driving their development and the continuous improvement of the Transport operation, delivering great service at optimal cost.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Being an ambassador for best practice, team development and effective communication.
- Monitoring adherence to daily plans through available vehicle telemetry and TMS, pro-actively managing issues before they arise.
- Driving standards in safety and legal compliance to reduce personal and vehicle accidents.
- Driving standards on debrief and optimising driving styles and driver productivity through coaching and feedback
- Coaching and leading the teams to maintain motivation and engagement.
- Support Transport Operations Manager in their absence attending Operational meeting as required
- Conducting investigations and disciplinary hearings should they arise
The ideal candidate will have experience of Distribution Management, a robust understanding of KPI’s and their drivers and the ability to drive and succeed in a dynamic and fast moving operation. You will be able to work on your own initiative in a pressurised environment, leading, organising and motivating the team at peak times. You will be an effective communicator across all levels in the business and lead by example on compliance and best practice. Working knowledge of Microsoft packages and understanding reporting and MI is essential to this role.
A positive outlook and someone who thrives under pressure but displays a calm-manner when challenges arise.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job