Transport Section Leader, NIGHTS
Our client, one of the fastest growing retailers operating in the UK, is looking for a highly capable manager with experience of fast moving transport operations.
There is significant scope for career development and progression, and good management skills are as important as transport operations experience.
The role has responsibility, with the assistance of a deputy, for the day to day management of a team of drivers - delivering to stores in a fast paced and time critical environment.
As well as ensuring timely, complete and legally compliant deliveries on a daily basis, you will have responsibility for improvements in driver performance and longer term planning and project objectives; assuming a lead in a number of improvement initiatives for the overall operation.
• Providing stores with a high overall level of service and ensuring the appropriate prioritising of store requests
• Leading driver reviews and using data and management skills to improve driver performance
• Ensuring high standards of performance against the operational, H&S and commercial KPIs
• Assume a specialist responsibility for an area of resource planning
• Have the ability to identify and implement improvements
To be considered for this role you will require people management and transport operations experience. To succeed in it, you will require the ambition and ability to want to improve performance through management initiatives, and recognition of the importance of logistics to the success of the business.
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing retailers operating in the UK. It offers a highly competitive package and great scope and potential for progression.
This is a night shift vacancy.
Experience of, or a familiarity with, Excel and MS Office would be beneficial.