Transport Shift Manager (Nights)
Commutable from Hatfield, Harlow, Stevenage and Biggleswade and Luton
Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Our client, a leading manufacture, is seeking a Transport Shift Manager to plan and manage a team of drivers to achieve daily work load. The role will involve working 4 on 4 off on a permanent night shift
- To achieve all relevant KPI’s by ensuring that all shift team members are focussed on them and organised for their delivery
- To promote, and act as a role model for, the Company Values and brand image
- To lead, motivate and engage the shift team
- Setting clear goals, targets and expectations of performance for all Drivers/Administrators
- Communicating and listening effectively, including use of driver debrief sessions, as appropriate
- To ensure shift compliance with all Company policies and procedures and all aspects of transport law, including the Road Transport Directive, the Working Time Directive, Drivers’ Hours Regulations and Company Standard Operating Procedures
- To optimise labour utilisation, making best use of the Company scheduling systems and labour flexibility
- To focus on the recruitment, training and development of Drivers and Administrators who reflect the Company’s Values and who possess the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes and qualifications
The ideal candidate will have FMCG transport management experience together with excellent people management skills. The successful candidate will be CPC qualified.
MVP Supply Chain Recruitment has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchasing and Distribution professionals for over 30 years. For more information on MVP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website.
MVP Supply Chain Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.