Site: Port Sunlight
Core Days: 4On 4Off
Core Hours: 18.00pm - 06.00am, however you will be expected to be flexible to suit the job requirements and business needs.
Reporting to the Transport Planning Manager, the Transport Shift Manager will oversee the transport operation during the shift, including managing the fleet and drivers, resolving any issues, planning and coordinating inbound and outbound loads, dealing with customers and sub contract hauliers.
* Investigate and resolve any distribution or operational discrepancies to a satisfactory outcome.
* Monitor and control the driver de-briefing process to ensure that agreed standards of performance are consistently achieved. Challenge and manage any under-performance as appropriate.
* Manage all agency drivers whilst engaged on Great Bear activity to ensure full legal compliance.
* Manage all aspects of driver performance to achieve or surpass expectations and KPI’s.
* Promote company Health & Safety and employment policies within the transport operation.
* Liaise and communicate with management, colleagues, and customer teams in other functions, e.g. Warehouse, HR and Finance.
* Provide operational cover for holidays/sickness when required.
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
* Demonstrate experience in a similar transport position, preferably in a high volume retail environment.
* Up to date knowledge of Working Time Directive, tachographs and related transport legislation.
* Excellent customer service and influencing skills.
* Experience of leading a large team of drivers.
* Strong customer facing experience.
* Be able to communicate at all levels both verbally and written.
* Accurate and a real attention to detail.
* Must be capable of working well under pressure.
* Have excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise tasks.
* Have the ability to identify, suggest and implement improvements
* Be willing to take responsibility and accountability
* Highly motivated.
* CPC National highly desirable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job