Candidates will require some team supervisory and people management experience. Working within a team environment, the successful candidate will assist the Transport Manager to achieve operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture. This is a customer facing role and the successful candidate will encourage a customer service personal approach to the job.
Reporting to Transport Manager, this role requires someone capable of working under pressure, displaying a good analytical approach to work to deliver business results and to achieve performance and service levels.
Previous experience within a Transport operation will be essential. Excellent people management skills together with the ability to accurately plan, resource and report KPI information, are key skills for this role.
Key Requirements / Capabilities:
- Experience of applying a working knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. Health & Safety, Employment Law, Discrimination etc.
- A good understanding of Transport Legislation and the impact of non-compliance to protect the company Operator Licence
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPIs and Service Levels
- Must be CPC qualified
- A good understanding of multi temperature warehouse / transport procedures and compliance
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- Effective team worker and confident and positive communicator
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative, focus and commitment and flexibility
Strong competency in PC skills for MS Excel / MS Word / MS PowerPoint (Warehouse Management System experience desirable)
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Health Safety
- Microsoft Excel
- Team Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job