A Vacancy has given rise to the requirement for a Transport Section Manager at our site In Didcot, Oxfordshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experinced section manager with previous transport background.
Candidates will require some team supervisory and people management experience.Working within a team enviroment, the successfull candidate will assist the Transport Manager to achive operational KPIS to tight deadlines and drive improvements by enegaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
Reporting to Transport Manager, this role requires someone capable of working under pressure, displaying a good analytical approach to work to deliver business results and to achieve performance and service levels.
Previous experince within a Transport operation will be essential. Excellent people management skills for this role .
This is a customer facing role and successful candidate will engcourage a 'Customer service' personal approach to the job.
- Experience of applying a working knowledge of relevant legislation,eg Health and Safety, Employment Law, Discrimination etc.
- A good understanding of Transport legislation and the impact of non compliance to protect the company Operator licence
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPI's and service levels.
- Must be CPC qualified
- A good understanding of multi temperature warehouse/transport procedures and compliance
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- Effective team worker and confident and positive communicator
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative,focus and commitment and flexibility
- Strong competency in PC skills for MS excel / MS word / MS powerpoint ( warehouse management system experience desirable)
- CPC National